BE BOLD – BE PASSIONATE. That was my inspiration with this look. Honestly, I was a little skeptical when piecing this together. Blue lids and red lips? What American holiday is this?? However, there was something so editorial and elevated about this look. Lemonhead.La literally. never. fails. I always reach for that self adhesive glitter whenever I have the chance. The shade I’m wearing below is Malibu ~ inspired by those majestic blues ~ and hues. Jeffrey Star Cosmetics liquid lip in shade I’m Shook – a burnt coral cult classic – brought together the 80s vibe I was really feeling.
Beautycon embraces everyone and all – it’s an environment of self expression and inspiration. Their mission is to challenge traditional beauty standards and redefine what beauty means. Beautycon is a diverse global community of content creators, celebrities, fans, and brands that come together to celebrate using make-up as a tool for self-expression and sharing your enthusiasm with the world. The global epidemic will have its annual London convention December 2 and here’s why you need to go:
Tickets can be purchased here – make sure to grab them before they sell out! xx
My boo BJ Panda Bear invited me as a guest to Skyline Fest, which included performances by Eden, Lido, Miike Snow, and Duke Dumont. It was an active HOT day – so I went for a practical look. Body suit and denim shorts paired with some Nikes to be a dancing queen. I kept my makeup simple but creative. The white winged liner caught a lot of attention and I wasn’t mad about it.
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Eye Paint in “White”
- Urban Decay Setting Spray “All Nighter”
- Monda Studio Lashes available online Nigel Beauty
Wedding day beauty is so special! It’s literally the day of ending a chapter and starting a new one. I love when brides look enhanced and ultra glam – radiating throughout their day. Since it’s an all-day ordeal, it is very important to have long lasting makeup with an emphasis on the application process. Here are a few of the key products I used to achieve the bride’s look:
- Primer/Setting Spray: Smashbox Finish Primer Water
- Use this spray before applying and makeup as well as after all the makeup has been applied. Be sure to fan the spray so it can really stick on the skin.
- Foundation: Lancome Ultra Long Wear Foundation
- Apply with a damp beauty blender and set under eyes with a powder and setting spray.
- Eyeshadow: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
- This is the ultimate palette for all skin tones. The berry tones and nudes really brighten the eyes and add dimension.
- Highlight: Ofra Illuminating Highlight Blush Trio
- I’ve been so into this highlight – it really gives that JLo glow. Apply at the top of the cheek bones, cupids bow, bridge of the nose and collar bones/top of shoulders.
- Lip: Dose Truffle
- Glosses may look great for the photos but if you don’t have an onsite MUA on deck then I would opt for a long lasting matte lip.
I can’t stress how important and what a game changer setting spray is! Put your bridesmaids on duty and make sure they have a travel size on hand. Xx
Skulls, aliens, and death – OH MY! I went to Entertainment Weekly’s first ever Pop Fest for work and was able to do some looks after the event for Halloweekend. Again, I wish it was always Halloween. Skull squad fo’eva yo!
HALLOWEEN IS MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY. I tried to squeeze in as many looks as possible but here are a few of my favorites. I love that there are no rules and creativity is celebrated. Hope ya enjoy! Xx
SO – I work at People magazine and my boss knows I’m all about makeup….like…it’s MY life. She invited me to the Ones to Watch party which was honoring the makeup god himself – MannyMUA. It was so nice to mingle with Manny and his bff Patrick Starrr. I feel very blessed to be in the position I am today and grateful for the little connections being made in my life and everyone who has supported me!